Sunday, June 17, 2007

"i'm gonna watch you shine, gonna watch you grow, gonna paint a sign so you'll allways know..." -paul simon

lucky the child who can climb into that lap of safety and know, always, the confidence born of a father's love.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
hands- dad and the girls (lin, nat, steen and jade)-2001

lucas jude at 5 months old and his daddy -2006
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
their journey led them to love...which led to marriage...which led to parenthood...which led her to wonder if one lifetime was long enough to share with this man she loved to love. it's not.

i am so blessed to have such strong/gentle men in my life. a grandpa who showed me what true love really was, a father who has loved me however i decided to turn out, a brother with a pure love for our entire family and a husband that has amazed me with his simple ability to be everything i could have dreamed for the father of my child. i am a lucky girl. happy father's day, loves.

the "father involved family" is a fragile cultural achievment and cannot be taken for granted.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Lin..

    I was reading Marens page, and saw that you were on there, so I decided to check your page out. My mom had mentioned how much she enjoys reading your blogs. How fun it is to read them! I will need your email address to add you to mine, but it's really fun reading about you and your explorations... It makes me a little sad that all of our family couldn't grow up close to eachother. I know we are all as close as we can be with the distance, but I feel like I want to know all of my cousins better. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and feelings in a forum for us to read!

    I love the picture in Seaside of your husband and child! It's beautiful!

    Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, that picture is beautiful but Lin it seems like all of your pictures are amazing and beautiful! Hope You guys had a great fathers day!

    ReplyDelete