Sunday, July 27, 2008

this land is my land

"thank you for the seeds you've planted in me
thank you for the earth roots at my feet
thank you for the sun that greens my leaves"
-michael franti
++++

our summer adventure began in the wyoming wilderness. tucked in deep with cabins full of relatives that had come long and far to connect our roots. i can't wait to be holed up in the middle of nowhere with so many people that i love again.
my favorite parts: watching cousin elias catch his first fish ever, laughing with the francis girls, a big girl hike with my aunties, four-wheeling to the lake with my dad, seeing my handsome cousins and their fish-gutting-all-things-wilderness-loving-wives, listening to my gram and her sisters tell stories of back then, watching my sisters swing, and andrey (the happiest boy alive) completely in his element.

but there's nothing better than seeing things for the first time through lukey eyes:

a brave boy on a canoe ride with daddy-0
Photobucket

Photobucket
eating his first fresh fish
::caught by reno, gutted by ali, cooked by kyle and devoured by luc::
Photobucket
me and my boy. thinkin' about somethin'
Photobucket
wonder. wonder. wonder.
Photobucket
soul-cousins
Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you had fun...it was so great to be snuggled up in those beautiful mountains surrounded by family....great adventure for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Lindsay. Is that how you got your name? That just came out like that.

    All the pictures speak of a great time together. How fun and cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO glad you had a happy time with your family. Andrey really does look in his element.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the picture of Luke in deep thought at the swing! He is such a gorgeous boy.

    I'm so glad you had a great time visiting with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad you are all posting pictures, although it makes me sad I wasn't there! I can just hear the giggling and fun stories. I just love that family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lindsay ~ It was so nice seeing you all too!! I love you, my dear sweet cousin!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous pictures. You and your family are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this post melts my heart...I am so glad you are making these memories.

    ReplyDelete