Wednesday, October 22, 2008

create. inspire. uplift. enjoy.

i'm on the enrichment committee for our ward's relief society {a wonderful gathering of women}. our committee is chock-full of talented ladies that help put together monthly activities that will aid in strengthening our homes, families and our own personal divine nature. it's been a great place for me to creatively express myself and use my talents to serve the women of our ward. we've been planning a super saturday event. a day to create, inspire, uplift and enjoy.
i had stashed some images in my brain from sarah's september 1st post and was able to whip up this little beauty from the inspiration that the textures and collage-y-ness of her creations gave me. i'm so in love with how it turned out.
Photobucket
next on the agenda is planning the centerpieces for that afternoon's luncheon. i've got these on my mind:
Photobucket
i love that they will bring in a bit of the fall season and also love that i can tweak things a bit to help pull it together with our crafting theme. i've spoken on here before about the missing piece in the synapse of my silly brains. the part that would allow me to turn an idea in my head into the real thing. so we'll see if what i've churned up really comes together. i need to round up some more pretty cake plates if anyone is willing to let us borrow their pretties for the afternoon. i'd love to come up with white or colored ones. and if you've got any other ideas for me - like where the best place to find a box of good lookin' apples is or some nice sturdy sticks?? or even your best caramel dipping recipe and tips??
i most look forward to getting together that morning with such an amazing group of women. i've been trying really hard to "suit up and show up" to these kind of things since we moved back to this town and i've been a bit surprised by the many blessings that i've gained from so many of the women in our ward. such amazing and strong women. such perspective. i love to just sit back and watch and listen and soak them all in. truly an inspired organization. don't you think?
love, lin

14 comments:

  1. I totally want to go to your ward's Super Saturday! I may have to crash it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lin I wish I was in your ward also, it looks like you will have a great super saturday. I want to make something fun....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that collage-y goodness too. Great job!

    I have some cake plates you are welcome to. They are all white, and really lovely.

    My only carmel apple dippin' experience was with you my dear, so no advice here. I know you will do an amazing job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are truly a blessing to our Relief Society. Your creativity constantly astounds and inspires me. Thanks for sharing who you are with all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The strength of women is so tangible. I'm so glad you're enjoying yours. These ideas look great. I have a white cake plate you can borrow, just stop on by A N Y T I M E. Carmel apples look delish and I can't wait to see what crafts you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe my mom and I should come crash your Super Saturday too! Looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. come to the jcrew yardsale with me today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so glad you moved here. You have so much you bring to the table. Literally (if your bringing those yummy carmel apples) and figuratively speaking of course!

    PS: I know where you can get some YUMMY apples!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh please say you'll post the stuff your ward crafts up! we do need some good ideas up here in the north. enjoy your craftiness!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lindsay, you made that?? I saw it when I went to church last week and stood there drooling over it. I thought, "Who in my ward is THAT crafty and creative?!" And then I saw it was 9th ward. I should have known it was you. I could frame it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the posters you made, and I can't even begin to tell you how much I love having you on the committee, not only for your talents, but for "you." I have learned so much from you and I always feel happy around you. You have so many gifts!

    I am salivating just looking at those apples!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So I think I need to go to your ward cause then I would actually go to these types of things, it looks like it will be sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a neat description of Relief Society women. I need to do better at going to the activities. I used work as an excuse that I was too tired to go. But now I've quit that job and need to recommit to going and learning from the lovely sisters in our neighborhood. thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete